Workday Financials is live!
Items of note:
1. Not all PTAO to COA conversions are correct in Workday. It will be weeks before they are correct. When COA segments auto-populate, you need to check them against the COAs you received from Kelly Kellerman. The excel spreadsheet contains the correct number. If you believe there is an error, contact Kelly Kellerman.
2. To request a new supplier for procurement, follow the instructions in the Create Supplier Request. Note: all employees can do this.
3. Procurement - Error - "Contact VCU to add PO Distribution Information" - you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org asking them to add the PO distribution line to the vendor information.
4. PTAEO splits in Supplier Invoice Requests do not work - the system keeps giving error messages when trying to submit the report. To bypass that, we have been doing different line items to reflect the funding splits.
5. You cannot pay an international payee by a check request. The system keeps prompting you to place the payee in the US, even if the payee was never in the US. Also, we cannot make the distinction between an international CR and a domestic one, because there are no options to do so.
6. Wire information submissions - we have been sending wire information to email@example.com to no avail. All vendors who had been previously paid by wire were transferred to Workday as 'paid by check,' so we have been sending wire information for the vendors we need to pay so that they can update the system. None of us has received any response, and the vendors are still awaiting payment.
7. Invoices cannot be paid through Workday. They are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as before.
8. Notifications sent for changes made to vendors would be much appreciated, so that we can proceed with payments as soon as the requested changes are made.
9. We cannot save some expense reports for later if we do not have complete information, because the system prompts us to fill in fields before we hit save.
10. When an approver sends back an expense report, the spender receives the send back notification, not the expense report delegate. Until this is fixed in the system, the spender should notify their expense report delegate when they receive a send back notification.
11. On June 28, a legacy version of SciQuest was archived. When Workday Financials launched on July 5, a new version of SciQuest was activated. The legacy version is available in read-only format to allow users to see histories of past purchases. To learn how to copy "favorites" from the legacy version of SciQuest to the new version, refer to the Personal Favorites Quick Guide. All open Oracle/SciQuest orders have been converted to POs in Workday. Although they have been assigned new Workday PO numbers, open orders can still be found by searching for their prior PO numbers (1. Use the report Find Purchase Orders by Cost Center - Yale 2. Enter the Oracle/SciQuest PO number (without prefix) in the Purchase Order Reference ID field). For more information on making purchases through SciQuest using Workday, see Buying Goods Through SciQuest Using Workday. Additionally, new procurement training materials are being developed; continue visiting the Procurement page on the Workday@Yale website for new information.
Please click here to visit the Workday@Yale page on our website for training guides, videos, and more.
Our Local Workday Guru is Barbara Fitzgerald in the Stockroom. She is available 9am-4pm at email@example.com or 203-432-3946.